As individuals grow old, not only their bodies deteriorate but their brains as well. When a person ages, not only his or her skin aged but the functionality of his or her body organs slow down as well. Much more, the brain is among the most impacted organs in the body when a person ages. Basically, the functionalities of the brain can depreciate sooner than you expect and you will experience memory losses that could worsen if not addressed immediately. Did you know that once brain cells die they’ll never recover? Yes, once they die will not rejuvenate nor recover. Why do they die? They die because of numerous factors like:
- Consumption of inappropriate foods
- Lack of sleep
Taking memory supplements is just one of the numerous ways of improving the functionalities of the brain and you have the choice to select which one suit you best. This article highlights ways on how to prevent mental and cognitive deterioration.
Ways to Brain Power:
- One of the most effective ways of warding off deterioration of mental functionalities is by eating brain food. At present, there are countless sources of brain boosting food sources that are rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrients and needed not only by our bodies but our brains as well.
- Exercising is another way of brain enhancement. By doing varied types of exercises like swimming, jogging, running and push ups for about thirty minutes daily, you can boost your metabolic rates, and promote blood circulation. By exercising, you will strengthen and will protect your brain against free radicals.
- Fasting is another way to improve memory and brain functionality.
It is an effective method to give your body to rest, especially from consuming calories. Because there are no foods ingested to your stomach, there are no toxins produced as well. Toxins are detrimental to your health because you will be losing blood along with it. By fasting, you will give your body the needed break from toxins and adequate time to create newer blood glucose to improve concentration and brain functionality.
- Give your body enough sleep. By sleeping, you will not only give your body enough time to rest but you will furnish your body precious time to rejuvenate and to repair the broken and damaged tissues and cells. According to studies, a person needs enough sleep daily to rest your brain.
- Engage in quality brain activities. Engaging in meaningful and quality mental exercises are effective means of conditioning your brain to achieve better thinking, functioning and conditioning. At present, there are several activities which you can choose like solving puzzles, reading books, writing blogs and articles, and participating in debates.
- Consume brain supplements. Not all individuals can take in fruits and vegetables containing all the needed nutrients and vitamins, thus they take in brain boosting supplements to fill in the gap. These supplements not only improve brain performance but it also prevents the onset of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
As the saying goes “Prevention is better than cure,” therefore avoid engaging in activities or eating foods that are detrimental to your mental health.